Nowadays every woman wants to use the Waist Trainer in order to get a curvy hourglass figure. it has now become a fashion or you can say a norm to have the slimmest waist with a huge bust & hip size. can you get that curvy body-shape by using a Waist Trainer? Now the main question is, does Waist Trainer work or not. Keep reading and you will get your answer you are looking for.
What is Waist Trainer?
In This Article
It is a piece of fabric that goes around your waist and tightens it really down to help the shape of the body, slim the waistline down and you guys probably here to want to know that Is it safe? Does it work and help burn more fat? How and when to use it?
Well, I think it is safe unless it takes the ability to breathe away or lung function. most people tighten it so much that it actually cutting off circulation to certain body parts so if you’re going to use a waist trainer, don’t tighten it down so much. Secondly, it doesn’t help you lose body fat, it doesn’t do fat reduction therapy (more detail on this later explained down below).
When you use a waist trainer, in a static point of view it does look like your waist is smaller and for a lot of women that’s exactly the reasons they want to use it is to have the appearance of the small waist but what is happening in a lot of aspects, when you’re wearing a belt or a waist trainer that is actually taking over the control of your core muscle might hurt your low back because the neurological connection between brain and muscles is disrupted.
Cons of using a Waist Trainer:
- Weaken Abdominal muscles.
- Restrict Airflow.
- Put pressure on internal Organs.
- Cause Musculoskeletal Issues.
- Might get Digestive Issues.
- Easy-Fix for Post-Partum Women.
Does Waist Trainer work?
These Waist trainers are very falsie advertised. you cannot wear this for like 8 hours a day and expect it will do miracles. what happening is that you’re putting one way too tight for your body and take it off, instant clarification looks like I did wonders, that’s not real fat-loss or anything like that.
It does have some negative side effects if you wear it too tightly or for too long a time period. Shifting organs because your body is not supposed to be like that. It can help with posture or postpartum consult with a doctor.
You could utilize the use of waist trainer or you could wear it to the gym only when you’re doing cardio when you’re wearing a waist trainer during workout that you would normally want to engage your abs a lot and you’re not used to properly activate those parts of the core you’re actually going to be more likely to take a wave from that activation. A waist trainer can weaken the pelvic floor, weaken the core, damage organs, etc.
The BEST thing you can do to lose inches of your waist is to start drinking gallons of water in a day. work your way up to that because otherwise, you’re going to be paying so much and be overwhelmed, so just go from half a gallon to a gallon or cutting out carbs, start cutting out refined sugar, eat more greens, start working out.
All those things are going to help you drastically in your life in yourself journey, health journey, it is going to make your waist go in. Wearing a waist trainer? that’s not going to do that unless you use it as a ready advanced person when it becomes to exercise and diet then you could wear it for around the house.
Wearing a waist trainer can become addictive. It is kind of like makeup in a sense if you’ve ever been that person who gets into makeup and then cannot leave the house without it or you become insecure about other things. You Don’t Want a waist trainer to become one of those things because ultimately your relationship with yourself is the most important thing.
So Kim K set a standard that is so unrealistic and we people all see this as a norm, that is not healthy. Beauty is not something that can be just visual, I just want to put it out there that you’re just not labeling yourself on your visual, your worth doesn’t come from what you look like, your worth comes from who you are from inside and honestly your inside will reflect outside, you can work on how you look or how you feel without having these unhealthy tools, I never recommend someone to use waist trainers literally unless its post-baby because it’s for the compression.
There have been women that prove that waist training for 8 hours plus a day dos shrink your waist, and there isn’t any argument that it is false, I may have been true but it’s just not safe and it doesn’t stay that way, the minute you’re going to stop wearing a waist trainer, it’s going to go back, it doesn’t stay like that forever. There are ways to have real sustainable results. As someone in the industry you see with drastic waist training results has had surgery, does intense diet and workouts or even the combination all of above three things.
So, the conclusion is that you don’t need these waist trainers. Do they work? In some cases. Are they beneficial? In some cases. Do you need it? Probably not. If you want to wear a waist trainer for beauty, go for it, by all means, have fun, knock yourself out there but DON’T wear it for too long. but if you’re trying to use it for losing weight, it is not going to happen. If you just came off of birth or just given birth, a waist trainer has the ability to help brings everything back together, it squeezes the pelvis together.
Effective methods to shrink your waist without a waist-trainer or surgery:
Mental strength comes into play for sure, A lot of people fail before even attempting something long enough to see results! Don’t Psych yourself. Go Slow and steady.
- There are few fundamental things you need to do in order to get snatched waist because abs are made in the kitchen. If you are not eating clean, you want to start cutting out processed foods.
- Start taking more Veggie In-take, this can be a little bit of a costly thing, you can get them from a frozen food section which will save some money.
- Increase protein is also going to help because it builds muscle mass and promotes fat burning, boosts metabolism. If you’re going to be vegetarian you can also just get plenty of plan based protein sources Aim for cleaner less processed Vegan Sources i.e. Peas, Spinach, Broccoli, chickpeas, black beans, lentils, flax seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, etc.
The next important thing is WATER, you know how the body gets rid of fat? You pee it out, sweat it out or breathe it out. I drink a gallon of water a day. it reduces appetite, helps cleanse your system, maintains hydration level in your body.
Try to Exercise 4-5 times, if you’re a beginner aim for 3x of GOOD exercise a week then increase one day every month until you’re at 4-5x a week. If you can try and be active daily, start with what you can do and slowly do more to process
- One thing that is going to help you the whole time is to activate your TVA (Transverse Abdominal muscles activation) that’s is going to be like your inner core set, you can work that by doing belly button breathing. It is like pull your belly button inwards, breathe out all your air out. (breathe all your air while flexing and bringing in your abs. belly button to spine. this does take practice.
- You need a decent amount of cardio in addition to resistance training is a good combo, you can use short long bands, dumbbells, barbells, or even bodyweight to achieve the result.
Tips for Waist training:
The things you should know about waist training if you’re thinking about trying it out.
- You don’t have to waist train every day, you just have to waist train every once in a while maybe once a week in order to maintain that shape which you want.
- If you have any kind of medical complication/condition, it is really important to get a doctor’s approval. Better safe than sorry.
- Order the perfect size and torso, it should go from right under your bust down to the pelvis area, the idea is to target the waistline. Everyone’s body is of different size and shape, so measure yours before ordering. Sizing is important.
- Wear a thin tank top underneath, it is good to have a barrier between your waist trainer and your skin because its going to protect the waist trainer from sweat so you can avoid over washing your waist trainer, you just can’t wash it every day, it is going to protect your skin from rashes, irritation, and acne.
- Make sure to know how many hours to wear it.
- Day1—Only 2 hours (Let your body adapt it)
- Day2—Up to 4 hours (If you feel comfortable)
- Each day increase it by 2 hours, wear it only up to 8 hours, not more than that.
- Don’t wear it 24 hours a day, it is not healthy. Your body starts depending on that thing and you don’t want your body to depend upon a waist trainer.
- There shouldn’t be any pain. If it is painful take it off right away, something is wrong!
- You can wear it on your period, it may help some people in period cramps because compression helps the womb area.
- Never sleep with your waist trainer on.
- Don’t do abdominal exercise with a waist trainer on. Do only Lower intensity workouts while wearing a waist trainer.
- Wear your waist trainer while eating for appetite suppression, it helps you lose weight. When you are eating, your stomach starts to expand, it grows like a balloon. when you are not wearing a waist trainer while eating, your stomach expands and you don’t really notice because you don’t have anything compressing it. When you’re wearing a waist trainer you feel the expansion of the stomach to the point where it becomes uncomfortable, so you know when to stop.
- Wash your waist trainer with your hands, don’t ever put it in the washing machine. The washing machine will destroy the waist trainer.
- Wear a sports bra instead of a wired bra. The waist trainer is going to disperse the fat, it either pushes it up or pushes it down. If you wear a sports bra it will squish the fat rolls so You don’t get that bra fat.
So those are my tips for you if you’re beginning the waist training, I hope these are helpful for you. If you have any questions regarding waist training or anything at all, just comment down below, I would be answering them for you. Please Keep visiting Obeautify so that we can grow.